Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I dont like Valentine's Day.

Not for the obvious reasons like I've been unlucky in love or I've never really been swept off my feet, although those are true. I've never had one of those memorable romantic v-day's.

I don't like it because 10 years ago today I buried my father. Every Valentine's Day after I would just be reminded of that. Most girls are opening gifts that sparkle while I was placing my daddy 6 feet under. Kind of a lot for a 16 year old girl to take in. I remember my highschool boyfriend taking me out to dinner that night (I wanted to go.. get out!) And I couldn't eat. All I could smell was embalming fluid. Not to be morbid.

I don't get overwhelmed by these things anymore but I do get a little sad. Naturally... This year I'm more concerned about how I'm going to tell my 6 year old that his turtle died. Hopefully, he doesn't notice and I can tell him tomorrow...

LauReN~

No comments:

Post a Comment